When is the last time you looked at your LinkedIn profile? How about the last time you did an update to it.
LinkedIn is a reflection of your professional career. Don’t let it get sloppy and out of date.
Do a quick 5 point checklist right now:
- Make sure your profile picture is accurate. Admit it, you’ve seen the profile pics of people in their 20’s or early 30’s, and in reality are in their 40’s or up. If there is ever a start to “being real”, this is it! The picture doesn’t have to be professionally done, but it should be in good taste.
- Check your current job title and description. Many times people will have a transfer or promotion within a company and completely forget to update their LinkedIn profile.
- Review Connection Invites. Only accept those you truly want to connect to. It’s OK to not connect to everyone who sends a request.
- Click on your Public Profile link. This is what people who aren’t connected to you see. Is it accurate; is it what you want them to see?
- Check the accuracy of your Byline. While on LinkedIn people get suggestions of who to connect with, and they most likely only see your name and byline. It’s your “first impression”, make it count!