I was very impressed with Mari’s presentation and ideas…as so many of them are right in line with my own thought processes And her “Scandifornian” accent was a fun surprise LOL
A few highlights and tips:
- Mari stressed that if you are a business, your best option if a Facebook Fan page vs a Group. And yes, even she admits that with Facebook changing the button to ‘Like’ from ‘Become a Fan’ has caused some confusion on what we now call our pages…we’ll stick with Fan Pages.
- Of Facebook’s 500 million active users, one-half log on daily
- 68% of U.S. Facebook users are more likely to buy on a positive FB friend referral
- One of her favorite sayings, by GaryV is “Eyeballs are monetizable”
- Have at least two Admins for your FB Page
- Make your Fan page “open” to see Fan posts as well as your own