If you’ve ever seen Tory Johnson on T.V. you can feel her enthusiasm about each topic. From Women For Hire to Spark and Hustle she is an advocate for women standing up and taking charge of their professional lives! She is a regular workplace contributor on Good Morning America, where she often uses small businesses & owners in segments. She shares many valuable tips, tricks, and solid advice…much of which she learned & uses along the way. I applaud her push for small businesses to be doing Social Networking on Facebook & Twitter!
1. How long have you been using Social Networking for business?
3. Facebook vs Twitter – do you like one better? If yes, why?
If I had to choose, I’d say Facebook because there’s greater engagement.
4. Do you post daily?
Oh god yes…hourly and sometimes more often than that. If it’s not frequent, it’s not worth it.
5. What is your favorite thing about Social Networking?
Meeting new people who are interested in what I have to offer…and then watching them implement it to succeed.
6. What do you think is the biggest benefit of Social Networking?
I’m here to promote and build my business — that’s my primary goal — and I do it by serving my audience.
7. How do you measure Social Networking, & explain:
8. What is the best moment you’ve had on a Social Networking site?
9. What is your best piece of advice to other businesses about Social Networking?
Follow the 80/20 rule. I spend 80% of my time serving others by answering questions, providing advice, sharing resources, promoting others, etc. And 20% of my time is focused on selling my products and services, which I’m very transparent about. If the numbers were reversed, my friends, fans and followers would flee fast. Sell through service — it works.